Humminbird 798ci HD SI Combo Fishfinder and GPS
- Amazon Sales Rank: #8499 in GPS or Navigation System
- Brand: Humminbird
- Model: 407970-1
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.00″ h x 9.00″ w x 13.00″ l, 4.70 pounds
- Display size: 5
- The most eminent resoltution 5″ color display on the market at 640×640 pixels; super-bright display
- Side Imaging, Down Imaging, and DualBeam PLUS w/SwitchFire
- 100ft depth capability (SI/DI), 1500ft depth down-beam
- 50 channel internal GPS and dual SD card slot for loading LakeMaster or Navionics charts
- Networkable with Humminbird Fishing Systems
- 500 Watt, 83/200KHz Dual Beam Fishfinder and 455KHz Side Imaging Sonar
- 5-Inch color LCD with 640V x 640H pixel resolution
- Built-in GPS antenna and preloaded Uni-Map
- Advanced Fishing System network capabilities
- Includes transom mount transducer
11 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
DO NOT BUY UNTIL HUMMINBIRD GETS PROBLEMS WORKED OUT!!!
I purchased this unit in March, 2011 and used it 3 times. The second time the GPS tracking would not track under 2mph and would only show a donut, which is very frustrating if trying to stay over a marked fishing spot.
I contacted Humminbird and they said to download update 5.410 and it would fix the problem. I did this.
I used it the third time and the GPS tracking problem had not been fixed with the new update. This time out the depth reading began going crazy. I was in approximately 180 ft. of water and it was reading all the way down to 1.7 ft. and bouncing all over. I spoke with 3 different Humminbird techs via phone while I was on the water and we tried all kinds of settings and could not fix the problem.
Humminbird is going to send me a new transducer to try, but I do not believe it will fix it. If not, they said I will have to send the unit in to them.
It is ridiculous to pay over $800 for an item and it not work correctly, so I would not buy this item until Humminbird gets these issues resolved if I were you.
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful.
After checking the web for reviews on Lowrance and Humminbird both and finding horror stories anymore about customer service from Lowrance and wait times of months, not to mention being charged to repair units under warranty, I decided to try this out as I called them several times with questions and got excellent responses each time.
Mounted on the trolling motor on the front of the boat and I have to say it is sweet. Works exactly as advertised with no problems. SI is awesome compared to older graphs.
I have also done a software update using a sd card which worked flawlessly. So far this unit is well worth the money.
7 of 9 people found the following review helpful.
By P. Persico
i bought this 718 last month. Only problem is when I’m in four feet of water it reads from 2.9 to 6.1 even when the boat is not moving. It never stays still. I talked with a Humminbird tech and he decided I had a bad transducer. He sent me out a new one (great service) and said to just keep the old one. Great! Only problem was it didn’t solve the problem. Talked with Amazon and they sent me a replacement unit. Same problem. I don’t know what to try next because I really like Humminbird but until I can resolve the issue, I can’t recommend this unit.
See all 10 customer reviews…